- Human Resources Home
- Seeking Employment?
- Employee Info Gateway
- Equal Opportunity & Compliance
- Forms Finder
- Manager's Toolkit
- Welcome New Employee!
- Workers' Compensation
CSUMB is committed to the personal and professional development of our staff and faculty. As an institution of higher education, we support and promote lifelong learning for our employees. You may be able to take advantage of the following professional development opportunities:
- Complete a degree with fee waiver for yourself or dependent
- Take a work-related CSUMB course
- Participate in online and in-person employee development courses
Pursuing your personal and professional development goals may be easier than you think. As you familiarize yourself with these opportunities and find you have questions, please contact Human Resources at x3389.
Managing Stress with Good Nutrition - Is it true you are what you eat? What are the six categories of food that can help ward off stress? As part of Nutrition month, this webinar will explore answers to these questions and more.
Personal Goal Setting or Re-Setting - Identify what you need to do to reach your goals, even with a busy lifestyle.
GEAR UP Your Personal and Professional Development
STAFF, save the date for the following employee development workshops. Please obtain your supervisor's approval prior to registering for any of these work related seminars. Register through the CMS/HR link on my CSUMB, Employee Self Service>Learning and Development>Request Training Enrollment>Search by Course Number.
- Conflict Resolution - On Apology, Friday September 26, 10:00 a.m., Course 000425
- Emotional Intelligence and Customer Service - A Practical Approach, Friday, October 17, 10:00 a.m., Course 000426
- HR Processes - What You Need to Know, Friday, November 21, 10:00 a.m., Course 000427
- Classification & Compensation Basics, Friday, December 12, 10:00 a.m., Course 000428
PASSPORT TO SUCCESS
MANAGERS, save the date for the following workshops. Register through the CMS/HR link on my CSUMB, Employee Self Service>Learning and Development>Request Training Enrollment>Search by Course Number.
- All Aboard - Recruitment & Staffing at CSUMB, Wednesday, September 24, 1:00 p.m., Course 000429
- Leaving on a Jet Plane? Understanding Leaves, Wednesday, October 15, 1:00 p.m., Course 000430
- Travel Smoothly - Managing in a Union Environment, Wednesday, November 12, 1:00 p.m., Course 000431
- Arrivals and Departures - Understanding Time Reporting, Wednesday, December 10, 1:00 p.m., Course 000432
CSUMB employees have access to professional development and mandatory training through SkillPort. Visit the SkillPort/SkillSoft Online Training page for more information.